You are an African


To whom may it concern?

If my memory serves me well, every struggle hero that either endured the pains or fell at the blood stained hands of the apartheid government promised me, I future generation, that ‘democracy’ is:
“Rule by the people”
This was a message that no human being will ever have their future dictated by another, this was a message that ‘elite’ and ‘supreme’ will seize to exist, all South African are equal:
“… All people shall be entitled to take part in the administration of the country…”
This message was embedded in the heart of a historically powerful document, the ‘Freedom Charter’. A document mutually adopted in 1955 by South Africans, regardless of the political party in which they belonged. This act was a very powerful message, that this country and its people come before any political party. This is contrary to the message sent out by our commander in chief, the first citizen, when he said:
I argued one time with someone who said the county comes first and I said as much as I understand that my organisation, the ANC, comes first

Democracy is Rule by the People…

This message was echoed by our former President Mr Thabo Mbeki when he said “I am an African”. He wanted to remind us, the people, that WER ARE South Africa. An extract from his speech went:
“…It gives assertion that made by ourselves that South Africa belongs to all who live in it, Black and White. It gives concrete expression to the sentiment we share as Africans, and we will defend to the death, that the people shall govern…”
Apologies for the brief history, but that is the fundamentals of the next idea I want to present to you my fellow South Africans.

You are an African, grow your wings and learn to fly, the government never loved you...

Learn, Practice & Master independence... Do it as if your life depended on it, because it does...

In closing:
"If the ANC does to you what the apartheid government did to you, then you must do to the ANC what you did to the apartheid government."

-Nelson Mandela


#Mzukhology

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

To live another day,

Flow of Knowledge...

You're a Magician