Inspiration & Purpose


Where does your inspiration come from?? In the Bible, there is an extract from the book by King David, the Psalms of David:
Psalms 121:1 (KJV)
I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help
So David prayed to the Lord and that did worked magically for him, now, what about you?? Where do you draw your inspiration?? Where does your inner help come from?? And we all know David lived to please God, that was his purpose in life, ever since he was a little boy looking after sheep, so it would make sense for him to look at the hills, BUT what is your purpose??

When we are young, our life inspirations are mandatory. You do your homework because you know your teacher will beat you up tomorrow at school, you clean your house because you know your mother will beat you up when she gets home and the kitchen is still filthy (Yes, there is a of beating up in Africa). But do you see what I mean, all these are push factors, and they work to a certain point in your life trust me, there comes a time when life is like:
“Ok, so what do YOU want now? Where do YOU want to go?”
Most people avoid this question and they end up with mediocre lives, I know how that is, it’s miserable... When will you die living just to conform to people’s expectations and peer pressure?? I think even life punishes on purpose just by letting you live longer, so you can watch people living their dreams while you just get through life… You shouldn’t get through life, you should live it…

Oh and those who decide to throw their lives at alcohol and scream YOLO every weekend, those who decide that their life is all about having fun, ag shame, you also haven’t found it yet, you haven’t found your purpose, all you have done is just found a way to escape your pain for a couple of days. Yes, a mediocre life is painful… I have seen it in people eyes, I even saw someone cry about it at one stage… it’s tough…

So… Where does your help cometh from?? Ok let me not throw stones while I living in a glass house.

Let’s start with me…

As I have mentioned above, same with me, ever since I was born I have been having push factors, and I have jumped all the hoops placed before me. Now that I am a young adult, the pushes are no longer there, it is only now that I have discovered that I actually have no pulls at all in my life, there is nothing reminding me that I have to go on, I have to keep walking, I wouldn’t blame you if you called me a “headless chicken”…

Now it’s your turn… what is your inspiration in life, what pushes you?? Or even better, what is it that PULLS you to it? What is it that you LOVE? What makes you happy? What is it that you do the whole day and never get tired of it?? What is it that you dream about and you can’t wait for the sun to come out so you can go back to it? Heck, sometime you do it the whole night… What keeps you going when thick is thin, when the health is sickness…

As a person you need to answer such questions to YOURSELF and have a purpose, in movies I believe they call it a “passion” or you will end up living the people’s version of you.

If you’re still young you won’t know what the heck am talking about, but one day it will hit you, and you will be like ”damn, I need to be ME” I hope you take immediate action…

#Mzukhology_Out



Comments

  1. Thanks for the food for thought, very deep

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the food for thought, very deep

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

To live another day,

Flow of Knowledge...

You're a Magician