Pieces of Me 1.0


From the day I was born until 2001, I drew my inspiration came from my dad. That man was just my full time hero, he had 6 beautiful children that he all loved dearly, a car, a wife, a house, I have to admit, at the time I didn’t appreciate the fact that he was there for me, because there was no Khumbul/eKhaya back then, but yes, am also thankful that he was there. When I get a girl pregnant I am going to be a better him.

Then I went to do my grade 1 and 2 in Mpumalanga, then in that era of my life it was my aunt, God bless that woman. She is strong woman, the iron lady, the way she held the whole family together, took every challenge upon her shoulders, and most important of all, she prayed for us all, damnt she still prays for us all, that is one hell of a woman trust me. When I take a wife, please God install Her strength and essence into her.

Then I went to primary school, by then, my mom sent me to a “model C” school, so you can imagine who my hero was then. Yes my Mom, and No no no, not because she sent me to some model C school, back then I was too young to really appreciate that. She is my hero for these main reasons:

1. At one stage, she and my father separated, she left and I chose to stay with dad, this happened during summer holidays. So during December my dad told me that he could not afford to take me to the “Model C” school anymore, so I had to choose a school I would attend in the rural areas, I don’t know if I was in denial or I knew God had a plan but it didn’t bother me at all, I never saw it as a ‘downgrade’, my wild imagination has always protected me from being hurt (story for another day).

So I chose a school, told my dad, and he told me we were going to register when schools started. Then in January, I received a call from my mom, she wanted us to meet in town. I remember that day was a Wednesday, we met at Steers, back then Steers had this “two for one” burger special on Wednesdays and she had ordered that for us.

So we sat there and talked, she asked me how the holiday was, what did I do during Christmas, is there food in the house, she asked all the question a loving mother would a child she loves dearly and hasn’t seen in a while. Then in the middle of our conversation, she takes a deposit slip to the value of R950, she gave it to me and told me to go to my “model C” school on Monday, my first quarter fees were paid up, then she said: “I have only fought with your father, not you, I love you”, then we went our separate ways.

I don’t want to lie to you, that didn’t mean a shit to me back then, it only means so much as I’m getting older and having flash backs of my life.

2. She is my hero because I saw the way she hustled for us. That woman worked her day job then from there she would get some extra cash being a sales representative Pres Les. She never had weekends to herself, on weekends she was hustling, hustling so we, I and my brother could to get the things we asked for.

Even though I didn’t ask for too much, but if I asked for shoes I got them, I never asked for an All Star though, nope. Our school and transport fees were always paid up, every quarter and every month, I was never kicked out of school, always had my full clean uniform, and most importantly I always had food in my mouth.

I am sure that woman is in all sorts of debt because of us. But then again, I really didn’t appreciate that, because as children we think it’s their duties and that it’s our God given rights to have all those luxuries in life.

I started appreciating all her efforts varsity, where I heard and saw how other parents don’t give a shit about their children, they don’t even try to walk the blade of the knife, that’s when I turned around and I was like “WOOOOOW MOM, Thank you”.

3. Just because she is my mom…

Then I went to varsity and started drawing inspiration from my older brothers and sisters, where they were and who they were motivated me to push, it kept reminding me “Dude, you have to be somewhere, you can’t be the failure of the family”, as much as that is some sort of “peer pressure” it got me through.

#Mzukhology_Out


Comments

  1. Ok I jus dropped a tear 😢. I wish mommy and everyone else who is mentioned could get to read this. They truly shaped u to be a better man. Proud of u Budd😙

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok I jus dropped a tear 😢. I wish mommy and everyone else who is mentioned could get to read this. They truly shaped u to be a better man. Proud of u Budd😙

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

To live another day,

Flow of Knowledge...

You're a Magician