The other day I was thinking that if I knew in my Matric year what I know now, I would have ACED my matric, am talking flying colours. The simple lesson from such that is simple, “Time lost is never returned”. Once time has elapsed, there is a certain line that when you have crossed, there is no going back, unless you have the balls like a few South Africans that sit for matric at the age of 35, or even the current Matric 2015 results as an example, there was a lady aged at 66 years old and has just passed her matric, according to the South Africa Latest News website “she achieve 79% Mathematics and Science and an average of 69 in other subjects” [* link *] , now if you were to ask me, that’s serious balls, balls of steel, if a lot of people could have that courage and ambition, oh what a wonderful world this world be. Gogo was like: Anyway back to me, if I could rewind time, I would ACE my grade 12. How I wish I could transfer the wisdom I have now to the current a...
Dear Youth ... During my high school years, in my physical sciences class, I learn about " Fiber Optics ", oh what a beautiful thing they are. Below is the technical definition of this type of technology: " A fiber optic cable consists of a bundle of glass threads, each of which is capable of transmitting messages modulated onto light waves. Fiber optics has several advantages over traditional metal communications lines: Fiber optic cables have a much greater bandwidth than metal cables." [ www.webopedia.com/TERM/F/ fiber _ optics .html] Key Notes: 1. " transmitting messages " This is the aim of this Blog, to transmit messages, to transfer knowledge back and forth, and to support one another. There will be a variety of topics, Academics, R eligion, Politics, Philosophies, Relati onship problems, Family Problems (Not personal, but how to deal with general family problems), sport, you name it, if you can think of it, it will be here....
According to the Urban Dictionary , the above phrase means: “ Shaking them haters off. In other words it means to brush off negative energy of statements made about you. ” Now what is more powerful to me is the origin of the phrase: “ To step up. The origin of this term comes from a story in which a donkey falls into a well and cannot get out. The farmer tries to get the donkey out by rope, unsuccessful in his attempt. He decides, instead, to just give up and bury the donkey in the well. As the farmer begins filling the hole with dirt, the donkey becomes depressed, realizing that all of the dirt on his shoulders and back were going to eventually bury him. He then thought of an idea: I can just shake it off and step up. Therefore, he could just die by doing nothing and getting buried, or shake the dirt off his shoulders and step up to the occasion. ” This phrase has special place in my heart because of the way we as the youth are living, all of a sudden everyone has “ h...
Comments
Post a Comment