What's in a name

A name,

It's your barcode, so the government can know who you are. we are not sheep...

It can take one through various emotions,
One of them being pain, and if you want to test it, go to your friend and say their EX's name and watch their soul shutter through their eyes...

What just hit me is that a name tells a story,
When you hear "Nelson Mandela" a flood of dates and events come to mind.

I think that is what's important, the story your name tells.
So far when people mention my name, it's usually followed by how much of a drunkard I am.

 And because of this I feel like I have failed myself, I feel like my name should mean better than being the synonym of rotten grapes, barley, hope and malt.

I am working on turning it around, so it will mean something positive I guarantee you and myself...

Now the sad part is that your name is also an History book cast in concrete or engraved in stone, when you want to change the story it tells, you do not erase and rewrite, you just write on.

I guess one has to be very careful what stories their name tells, one day that Book will be read to your kids and grand children...

One day someone is going to hear my name and yours,
And in doing so, they would have just opened The Book of Legends...

#Mzukhology

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

To live another day,

Flow of Knowledge...

You're a Magician