Time: and it's use


I have heard somewhere that:
“Killing time is not murder, its suicide”
Then I thought to myself how many times I have responded to people “I’m just chilling”…

We all know that mode right?? The state were you are just alive and not contributing anything to your life or society. You just sitting there breathing and wasting oxygen. If you would walk up to a Xhosa guy in that state and asked them “what’s up” he’d tell you “ndicinga ooNot”. Now that is no way to live life.

We often say phrases such as “time flies”, “this day has been long”… That’s nonsense, time is constant. Every day when we wake up there are 60 seconds that add up to a minute, then the 60 minutes add up to an hour, then finally 24 hours add up to a day. It has been like that ever since I was born, and that’s a very long time ago. Only those who understand quantum physics [Einstein’s theory] can argue that time is not the same, the rest of us, TIME IS CONSTANT… Finish n klaar…

Ok, this is how I realised I was wasting my life, I hope this works for you too. There are 24 hours in a day and typically a regular person spends 8 hours sleeping and 8 hours making a living [student may be excused]. That leaves us with 8 hours to live our lives and do whatever the f*** we want.

Now here is an exercise, be honest to yourself, what do you do with that 8 hours. Take a piece of paper and write it down, write down the activities that chow the 8 spare hours of your life every single day. Now that you have those activities, are they building you or laying the foundation to the future you want?? Please be honest, this exercise is for you.

 “8 hours” that sounds like a lot right?? I realised I was doing nothing, I was not sitting down, but I had nothing to show for those 8 hours, and that’s just a day, in a week they add up to 40 hours. That is a flippen lot of time not to have nothing to show for it.

Well, back to “Killing time is not murder, its suicide”, when you sit doing nothing, or doing an activity that is not developing your skills and thereafter yourself, you are not fast forwarding to any future, rather you are wasting your life.

Everyone also knows the phrase “time lost is never returned”. So these procrastination tendencies must also stop. “Procrastination” is defined as not doing something you know you should be doing. Students know the full effect of “time lost is never returned”. You kill time and study last minute, then by the time you study, you realize that the work is too much, it’s too late, and you fail the test.

Me as an example, I have always wanted to learn how to play a music instrument, and I told myself that I would do it when I was older and independent. To only find out that I now have less free time that I did before.

In high school, a friend of mine told me that:
“The biggest risk you can take in life is letting time pass with you doing nothing that contributes to yourself, your society and the things you care about
Your time is in your hands… Happy spending…

- Mzukhology


Comments

  1. Time is indeed a terrible thing to waste, hence my respect for it. Lovely read **

    ReplyDelete
  2. Time is indeed a terrible thing to waste, hence my respect for it. Lovely read **

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

To live another day,

Flow of Knowledge...

You're a Magician