The Lazy Youth...


The South African Youth is Lazy, we could argue about this from many different vintage points, but for now let’s stick to what I think, you will write what you think, I think it is called freedom of speech or expression in the constitutions.

So I am going to repeat what I said, the Youth is Lazy, but in our defense, it’s not our fault, it’s our government. They making us lazy by feeding lies, they pump false hope into our minds, hope of a better tomorrow, hope for a brand new South Africa, hope for the “land of opportunities”. The government always feeds us with these promises of how easy things will be tomorrow, we must just hang in there, they are busy with “strategic planning”. A quick recent hot example is “Free Education”, kwaa kunini ngo 194…They tell us how they will create all these “jobs” and opportunities for the youth, and the sad part is we buy into this Bull shit. No, I think I said that wrong, WE ALWAYS BUY INTO THIS BULLSHIT.

How does this work??? One may ask… Let take back to when you were a kid and watching DragonBallZ, you would see the sun setting and you know you have to wash your shirt and socks (those who didn’t have 5 pairs of socks and 5 shirts), so as you are watching TV, your mind is not at ease because you know there is something you have to do, sometimes you would even watch the programme standing, just to remind yourself that you still have something to do, then as soon as it is an Ad ‘break, you run out side and get some progress on your task. Now what happens when your mom or older sister tells you not to worry they will wash your uniform for you??? (I chose females because my dad and older brother have NEVER EVER offered to do my washing for me). So if your siblings tell you they will do your washing for you of cause you will relax, you will sit down nicely on the sofa, let everything hang and enjoy your show because you know your task will be done for you.

This is the same thing happening with us and the government, they tell us they will find us jobs and build us houses and we relax, but the difference is that when you were young, after DBZ, you would walk outside and find your shirt and socks on the washing line drying, but do we find a better South Africa after elections and rallies?? I don’t know, I was busy watching DBZ, so you tell me…

So are we stupid or what??? I don’t believe we are stupid, no no no, no we are not, just that our government is smarter, they have silver tongues, smooth operators. I do not think politicians are trained to create jobs and run an economy, hey I don’t know. Even if the ones that went to school and studies politics are trained to create jobs and run an economy, one must remember that majority of our politicians didn’t go to school to be where they are. Even if they are educated, they have other qualifications. Some politicians are where they are because they went to exile, others are up there because they can talk, oh trust me they can talk. If you can persuade people to vote for you, then you’re a good to go, “congratulations, you’re a politician, yes, yes, here are the keys, drive the country”. So what I am saying is politicians are trained to lie to you, when they wake up in the morning and go to work, they have to engineer a scheme that will make you vote for them. So I can’t really blame them for doing their job, if you misunderstood their job description that’s your baby.

This hit me a long me ago, but really started bothering me the other day when I was reading The New Age (Monday, 08 February 2016), in its front page there was an article titled “Empower the Youth” and in the article were the some of the following quotations:

”More emphasis should be placed on empowering black people in the country to become business people. Not only should they run businesses but their businesses should grow into conglomerates.”

“There was no reason why the government should not support black-owned financial institutions such as banks and insurance companies similar to those that were supported by the apartheid government”

The Honourable Mr Gwede Mantashe said “The ANC is an organisation of saints because even when we commit mistakes it is in pursuit of doing the right thing in the interest and aspiration of the vast majority of our people”

“We want each municipality and province to state how many black farmers it has who are farming on land that was redistributed”

Lol, hahahahahahaha, do you see how sweet that sounds, it give you hope and makes you sit on that sofa and continue watching DBZ as you let everything hang doesn’t it… I do not think any of this is new, I don’t know am too young, but it’s music to my ears…

So that is why I do not blame the youth for being lazy, they are just puppets on strings, and the puppeteers are professionals. But fuck it I do blame us for not noticing, how the hell have we been buying the same bull shit for over 20 years?? Can we not recognise the smell of shit anymore, ok maybe they used an air freshener to cover it up??? But come on, even if you spray an air freshener in the air you can still smell the shit in-between the sweet scent. If you don’t believe me go take a dump right now, spray and sniff real good… did you smell that??? I told you…

I heard somewhere that: “Economists (and businessmen) run any country, the politicians are just there to make the public think they have a choice in what’s happening around them”. If you look around and think, you will realise how true that line is… Ok let me ask, how long have we been complaining about political leaders and changing them??? Where has that got us??? Don’t you think we are changing the wrong people??? I think so, I think we should be removing the economists/businessmen from theirs seats or at least their comfort zones.

I dream of an empowered youth, a youth that will part take in the economy of this country so we can take it where we want it to be. "A better South Africa"

Tonight I challenge the youth to change its mind sets and ways of thinking, no more waiting around. I challenge the youth to part take in the economy, I want us to infiltrate the economy and eventually take over. We should not be creating more political parties, we have seen that does not work. So instead of creating new political parties, how about we put our brains together and create new companies?? How does that sound??? How about we support local produce. Yes, I know, driving a powerful German car is nice and all, but you are supporting job creation in Germany. How about some Mechanical Engineers come together, design a car, manufacture it from at least 90% South African materials, how about some Electrical Engineers and IT guys come together and create phone, electrical appliances, etc. Then we as the public buy that car so those guys can grow and create more jobs in all levels of classes. We need to stop being a dumping site for the world market. Siphapha ngee Italian clothes, German cars and Asian appliances. I think It’s about time we really be “Proudly South African”…

Dear Youth, please accept my challenge, I promise we will make money in the process (I know we as the youth like money and the things it buys)…


The other week, my cousin told me that

“if you are not angry of pissed off about what’s going on around you, you do not read enough”

Comments

  1. Aaah yess, what a topic. This is a science of its own to be honest mntakwethu hence it is very complex and needs a multi dimensional, strategic and analytical approach. I won't type out anything long but just to "phatha phatha" where it hurts. 1) Let's look at the drivers, from my findings I fully agree when you say it's the economists (most accurately it's the Business men) and the Politicians (Phambili maqabane, so they say as they put your gear in reverse). One very important thing I feel obliged to highlight from your statement we need not divert the attention from the Politicians to the Businessmen, instead we should put in equal effort in addressing both. Remember, you can never, and I mean never divorce economics from politics. Those guys work hand in hand and when you burn the economists, the politician will splash you and your flame. If you don't agree with me, take a close look at our political organisations and where their Funding comes from, while you are there take a look at how the funders benefit from that. 2) With regards to the lazy youth, we must always keep in mind that we are facing complex challenges and a complex challenge needs a complex solution. What I'm trying to say, there isn't a one sided straight answer to the problem of the youth. In a situation where you can't blame an individual, be sure to blame every stakeholders directly by outlining their role/responsibility in the matter. The stakeholders in this case are: a) Us , the YOUTH. b) Our community (parents, guardians, peers etc) c) The government and d) our institutions of learning All of these have a crucial role to play in moulding the final product...

    -Litha Peter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you Bro, Lol, bathi "phambili maqabane" kodwa bafaka uR, lol, ngula reserve we VW esecaleni ko 1, ngok abantu abaqapheli ukuba igear ingene kuR...

      Am glad you get it, most people don't know why the ruling party is soo powerful, but you get it. and nyhani, you are right, if you are not careful, politicians put out your fire, I have witnessed it happen over and over again to people I know...

      Just that's what irritates me are people jumping from political party to political party (sometimes even creating a new one) HOPING for change...

      I want a youth focused on ACTIONS now,

      The youth has somehow realised it's power in influencing the government, but still it ends in "promises" or "strategic planning" or some sort of a commity forum to investigate the matter... Look!!! Where is #FeesMustFall/FreeEducation...???

      These guys are smart and don't give a shit about us, we need ways to make things happened, people HAVE BEEN voting...

      We really need to think...

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

To live another day,

Flow of Knowledge...

You're a Magician